Welcome to Derby Music Academy!
Derby Music Academy is owned and operated by WindSong Arts.
- GENERAL INFORMATION
The personal data of the users that are collected and processed through the website:
Will be under responsibility and in charge of:
- Dana de Waal
- Anne de Waal
Address: 33 Hexham Walk Breadsall Hilltop, Derby DE21 4FQ
(Hereinafter referred to as Derby Music Academy).
- TYPES OF INFORMATION GATHERED
The information we learn from customers helps personalize and continually improve your experience at Derby Music Academy. Here are the types of information we gather:
Information You Give Us. You provide information when you search, read and view the content, register as a user, book a class, buy a class package and/or communicate with us through our contact information or through our contact forms. As a result of those actions, you might supply us with the following information:
- First and last name
- Email address
- Phone number (includes WhatsApp number)
- Payment information
- ZIP/Postal code
- IP address
- Any additional information relating to you that you provide to us directly through our website or indirectly through our website or online presence such as ‘cookies’.
Derby Music Academy will not collect any personally identifiable information about you unless you provide it.
Payment information: Your credit card or payment data will be processed by “PayPal” and “Stripe” (payment platforms available on the website) who will treat and safeguard your data with total security and with the sole purpose of processing transactions on the website. Derby Music Academy reserves the right to contract any payment platform available on the market, which will process your data for the exclusive purpose of processing transactions on the website.
Facebook Pixel: Our website uses Facebook pixels that enable us, our advertisers and service providers:
- Collect statistics on the website and social media (for example, the number of users who visited a page).
- Collect information about how you interact with the website and social media (e.g., whether you opened or followed links contained within).
- Personalize online services and marketing communications.
- Match ads to users and optimize advertising campaigns.
Automatic Information. Like many websites, we use “cookies.” We obtain certain types of anonymous information which is not personally identifiable when your web browser accesses, Derby Music Academy or third-party content served by or on behalf of Derby Music Academy on other websites. Some of the information we collect and analyze includes the Internet protocol (IP) address; computer and connection information such as browser type, version, and connection speed; purchase history; and the products you searched for, viewed, and possibly purchased.
- HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR DATA
Personal data will be kept for the time necessary for the provision of the services. The owner may be allowed to retain personal data for a longer period whenever the user has given consent to such processing, as long as such consent is not withdrawn. Furthermore, the owner may be obliged to retain personal data for a longer period whenever required to do so for the performance of a legal obligation or upon order of an authority. Once the retention period expires, personal data shall be deleted. Therefore, the right to access, the right to erasure, the right to rectification and the right to data portability cannot be enforced after the expiration of the retention period.
- HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION.
In general, we use the information we collect primarily to provide, maintain, protect and improve our current website and services. We use personal information collected through our site as described below and described elsewhere in this Policy to:
- Identify you as a user in our system.
- User registration.
- Booking the classes.
- Provide the classes (face-to-face or virtual).
- Process payments.
- Improve our services, website, and how we operate our business.
- Understand and enhance your experience using our website and services.
- Respond to your comments or questions through our support team.
- Send you related information, including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages.
- Communicate with you about upcoming events, offers and news about services offered by Derby Music Academy and our selected partners.
- Marketing purposes of Derby Music Academy.
- Link or combine your information with other information we get from third parties to help understand your needs and provide you with better service.
- Protect, investigate and deter against fraudulent, unauthorized or illegal activity.
- HOW DO YOU GET MY CONSENT?
- SOCIAL MEDIA
On our website, you will find links and functions linked to different social networks, in which you can share your information.
- HOW WE SHARE INFORMATION
Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling it to others. We share customer information only as described below.
Third-Party Service Providers. We employ other companies and service providers to provide functionality on the website and services. Examples include: processing payments (PayPal, Stripe), sending email, analyzing data (Google Analytics), creating ads (Facebook, Google), providing the platform to offer virtual classes, providing marketing support and providing search results.
Protection of Derby Music Academy and others. We release personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce or apply our Terms and conditions and other agreements, or protect the rights, property, or safety of Derby Music Academy, our users or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
With Your Consent. Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when personally identifiable information about you might go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
Anonymous Information. Derby Music Academy uses the anonymous browsing information collected automatically by our servers primarily to help us administer and improve the Website. We may also use aggregated anonymous information to provide information about the Website to potential business partners and other unaffiliated entities. This information is not personally identifiable.
Email Address. The email address that you supply to us for purposes of receiving our email communications will never be rented or sold to a third party.
- PROTECTING YOUR INFORMATION
We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input. If transactions are processed on the Website, transaction information is transmitted to and from the Website in encrypted form using industry-standard SSL connections to help protect such information from interception. We restrict authorized access to your personal information to those persons who have a legitimate purpose to know that information to provide products or services to you and those persons you have authorized to have access to such information.
Derby Music Academy follows generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once Derby Music Academy receives it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while Derby Music Academy strives to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
We will not sell, distribute, or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
- EU MEMBERS’ RIGHTS (GDPR COMPLIANT)
If you are habitually located in the European Union, you have the right to access, rectify, download or erase your information, as well as the right to restrict and object to certain processing of your information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited circumstances.
We describe these rights below:
- Access and portability: to access and know what information is stored in our servers, you can send us your request through our contact information.
- Rectify, Restrict, Limit, Delete: You can also rectify, restrict, limit or delete much of your information.
- Object: When we process your information based on our legitimate interests as explained above, or in the public interest, you may object to this processing in certain circumstances. In such cases, we will stop processing your information unless we have compelling legitimate reasons to continue processing it or where it is necessary for legal reasons.
- Revoke consent: Where you have previously given your consent, such as to allow us to process and store your personal information, you have the right to revoke your consent to the processing and storage of your information at any time. For example, you may withdraw your consent by updating your settings. In certain cases, we may continue to process your information after you have withdrawn your consent if we have a legal basis for doing so or if your withdrawal of consent was limited to certain processing activities.
- Complaint: If you wish to file a complaint about our use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local supervisory authority. Users can exercise all these rights by contacting us through the contact information or the contact page.
Additionally, if you are a European resident, we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfil contracts we might have with you or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe.
You can see more about these rights at:
- CHILDREN’S ONLINE PRIVACY PROTECTION
We are in compliance with the requirements of the Data Protection Act 2018 (UK regulation) and the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation – European regulation) regarding the protection of the personal data of minors. We do not collect any information from anyone under 18 years of age. Our website and products are all directed to people who are at least 18 years old or older. If you become aware that your child has provided us with personal information, please contact us. If we become aware that a child has provided us with personal information, we will take steps to delete that information, terminate that person’s account, and restrict access to that person.
- EDITING AND DELETING INFORMATION
If you believe that any information, we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect. You can change, modify, rectify and delete your Information at any time, please contact us through the contact information. To opt-out of Derby Music Academy email, follow the instructions included in the email. Your request should be processed within 48 hours.
- THIRD PARTIES
- CONTACT US
Derby Music Academy.
Address: 33 Hexham Walk Breadsall Hilltop, Derby DE21 4FQ